Forum Elektrotechnika Strona Główna Elektrotechnika
forum roku elektrotechniki politechniki lubelskiej 2007-2011 (zaoczne)

POMOCPOMOC   FAQFAQ   SzukajSzukaj   RejestracjaRejestracja 
 ProfilProfil   Zaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomościZaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomości   ZalogujZaloguj 

asics netball shoes

Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum Elektrotechnika Strona Główna -> Elektromechaniczne systemy napędowe
Zobacz poprzedni temat :: Zobacz następny temat  
Autor Wiadomość
Rock Law

PostWysłany: Pią Kwi 24, 2020 11:38    Temat postu: asics netball shoes Odpowiedz z cytatem

These are basically different words for asics gel kayano 24 neutral, stability, and motion control. Since we're in the business of asking for peer reviewed, published evidence, I'd ask what the evidence for using arch height to choose a shoe might be? I'd ask whether pronation has been reliably shown as a major cause of running injury that needs to be controlled by a shoe? I'd ask whether ASICS shoes or pronation control devices have been proven to prevent injuries?

Let's try this then (questions to follow the colon): 1) What is the average heel lift (defined as the height difference in millimeters between the heel and the forefoot) of the top 5 (by quantity) Asics running shoes sold at retail (both online & in stores) in 2010? 2) How many of those top 5 shoes have peer reviewed studies showing their asics gel lyte v effectiveness at preventing injury or increasing performance? I swear, this whole thing is like a religion discussion where neither side budges because both sides feel they are right. Anyhoo, I don't have a peer reviewed medical journal article to back up what I'm about to asics gt 1000 write so SB may want to hit that little "x" in the top right corner.

That's the difference between the height of the forefoot and the height of the rear foot, so if you've got a cushion type shoe it might be 24mm and 14mm off the ground. A racing flat might be slimmer at 10mm and 20mm. We've done a lot of research on this and we understand that it actually puts your foot in a mechanically better position, makes it more stable, takes a load off the Achilles tendon… so asics 2000 there's a lot of positives.

Pete.. I hope I am not playing a game! I certainly did not think thats what it was about..you know, the interesting thing is that in a crazy way we are both saying the same thing.. and please do not represent me as the ASICS mouthpiece. I entered this debate as an individual with 30 years in the world of biomechanics and sports medicine, and the views I am putting across.. in the spirit of asking questions and receiving answers, are my own.

It seems a pity for the discussion to get personal. I have been trying to make only one point.. everyone is different.. some people do well running barefoot, some people do well running heel toe, some people do well forefoot srtiking. I have never.. ever, said do not do these things. What I have said is allow the athlete to make the choice. You will note that not at any point have I said everyone should run in an ASICS shoe.

It also has the asics cumulus potential to injury them.. which is never good. Now I know you are immediately thinking hah! so do conventional shoes, but as you rightly point out, we have no proof either way. Many in these blogs have demanded a study proving conventional fotwear reduces injury rates. Well you sound like a guy with a scientific background, so maybe you can explain to the punters on this blog just how dificult it would be, if not impossible to design a meaningful study to ask that scientific question. If i put m [img]http://www.jeanwyllys.com/images/detail/asics cumulus-056upi.jpg[/img] Y ASICS hat on, I would LOVE to do that study.
Powrót do góry
Ogląda profil użytkownika Wyślij prywatną wiadomość
Reklama

Wysłany: Pią Kwi 24, 2020 11:38    Temat postu:

Powrót do góry
Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum Elektrotechnika Strona Główna -> Elektromechaniczne systemy napędowe Wszystkie czasy w strefie CET (Europa)
Strona 1 z 1
Skocz do: